Underfloor heating – of course!
Kronotex laminate floors can be readily installed over warm water underfloor heating, serve well, and even help to save on heating costs. Simply observe these conditions carefully:
- Be sure to heat mineral underlays before flooring installation to eliminate any excess dampness.
- Have a haeting specialist in your area give you a heating report!
- Ensure that during installation, the surface temperature of the floor is at least 15°C (60°F).
- For dampness insulation and as a vapor barrier, use a (0.2mm) PE film underlayment. For sound absorption you can use PE foam, Kronotex underlay mat or Kronotex Laminate flooring with ”Sound Design” footfall sound reduction.
- At the beginning of each heating period, when you first turn on the underfloor heating, raise the temperature gradually in 5°C (9°F) increments until you reach the desired temperature. The floor’s surface temperature should not exceed 26°C (80°F).