Floor heating not a problem!
KRONOTEX laminate flooring can be laid over hydronic radiant floor heating and used without problem. Its favourable properties actually help to reduce heating costs. It is only necessary to meet a few requirements:
1. Make sure to warm mineral subfloors before laying to prevent unacceptable amounts of moisture from being released.
2. Have a heating installer assess the effects of heating.
3. It is very important to allow for warm-up and cool-down phases. When laying, the surface temperature of the floor should be at least 15°C.
4. In order to keep moisture and water vapour out, lay a PE membrane underneath (0.2 mm thick).
5. To attenuate footfall noise and provide thermal insulation, underlay with PE foam or another suitable material. Suitable as acoustic insulation is foamed PE, a KRONOTEX underlayment mat or KRONOTEX laminate flooring with Sound Design acoustic underlayment.
6. When starting to heat each winter, gradually increase the floor heating by 5°C each day until it reaches the optimal flow temperature. The temperature of the floor surface should not exceed 26°C.
7. If you are planning to install electric underfloor heating, please ask the manufacturer to confirm that it is compatible with laminate flooring. If this is the case, you can use our floors without any reservations.
|Stärke||Thermal conductivity (W / (m × K))||
Overall heat transfer coefficient Thermal
resistance ((m² × K) / W)